Obsidian Gateway

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Collective's forum

4 posters

Barack the president

Sparrow
    Sparrow

Barack the president Empty Barack the president

Post by Sparrow Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:30 pm

BARACK OBAMA DEFEATED JOHN Mccain to win the presidency of the united states of america. This is truly a great achievment for america. Obama defeated mccain 333 to 156(in other post i put 145) and was announced our new president and commander- in- chief. one of the best things about this is 1. bush is out of office and 2. palin is out of the picture Cool

finally 1.20.09 the end of an error

cheers ah thank god for barack
    bogram
    bogram

Barack the president Empty Re: Barack the president

Post by bogram Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:10 am

wow, u need to seek help for your "crush" on Obama. lol! also it president elect not president or commander in chief.
    Sparrow
    Sparrow

Post by Sparrow Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:03 am

w/e i was trying to make it sound good What a Face
    Jesper
    Jesper

Post by Jesper Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:35 am

i think Bogram is a republican.... why not? free speech and political thoughts are free (fanatism and radicalism excluded)... we shouldnt annoy him. this leads to nothing than anger... WE ARE FAMILY! without teamwork, especially in this big alliance all would break apart. i think nobody can want such a situation as everyone likes his profits.
    bogram
    bogram

Post by bogram Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:45 am

now jesper, are you stereotyping me tongue ? actually im not a republican at all. i think my thoughts on this election can be summed up with one question.....

we have 300 million some people in this country, and this is the 2 best we can find?
    Jesper
    Jesper

Post by Jesper Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:59 am

hmm...not all in this country are able to get elected (Arnold Schwarzenegger ok maybe he isnt the best one, too....)...
    maybe they were not the 2 best ones... but i think both are better than huckebee
    Orak
    Orak

Post by Orak Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:30 pm

Can't be sure if it's the end of an error or a new error...

America went through a leadership crisis with Bush... Al Gore could be an awesome president but he was presented as a bore and the public bought it, on top of not really knowing G.W.. His second cadency i still can't understand, but what is certain, Bush has ruined things for whoever would be promoted by the Republicans after him.
    Barak Obama had a serious advantage thanks to that.

What Obama did was simply not expose himself in a way that meters... No one still can be certain regarding his foreign politics. His domestic politics though clearer, are mostly slogans while the roadmap itself is not really presented.

Obama spoke to the majority of the Americans which is the lower-middle class and below.
    I think the only thing playing against him in this election was the fact that he is black, which regardless of what anyone says, is a drawback since there was no black president in America until now.

It's far not clear if it's good or bad for America that he won.

Last edited by Orak on Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jesper
    Jesper

Post by Jesper Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:36 pm

we will see in the next month... but im sure... it cannot be worse than under Bush Jr.

besides, after this election the US have a better reputation in the whole world. But orak you are right nobody really knows how he will act in his foreign policy. He plans a withdraw from Iraq, but having been in the military i think its not as easy as it he and other politicians say.

on the one hand the americans would lose their face, on the other hand they will leave this country in chaos.
    both facts they cannot and will not allow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:11 am