Obsidian Gateway

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Collective's forum

5 posters

Advanced skills advice

Wilson Henry
    Wilson Henry

Advanced skills advice Empty Advanced skills advice

Post by Wilson Henry Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:44 am

I have recently started aquiring advanced skills and I was wondering if there are any which should be avoided or are a 'must have'.

I was thinking about structure mastery followed by sheild powering to begin with, cheap and looks useful, any suggestions?
    Jesper
    Jesper

Advanced skills advice Empty Re: Advanced skills advice

Post by Jesper Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:34 am

dont waste ASPs for shield fortifying... use ATPs for this...

use ASPs for Agility boosts
    bogram
    bogram

Post by bogram Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:12 pm

well, once again it depends greatly on what you would like to do with your career. if you want to be a fighter, then CM1, Boosts1, CE4, AB4, OC3, DC3, then max wep spec. that should be a nice setup, timebomb seems like a very useful asset as well, shield powering looks like it would be a very nice skill as a union member. the ambush endurance and ambush fallback are great for wars as well, and almost are a must for effective stacking as almost all high level fighters have these skills and the RP is almost to far away for regular retreat constraints.
    Wilson Henry
    Wilson Henry

Post by Wilson Henry Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:02 pm

Thanks for the advice, don't worry Jesper I'm only getting ATPs at the moment so I don't have any to waste. I may just store up my ATPs untill some point in the future when I go skilling. This will also give me time to think about it before any hasty decisions are made.

I also think Bogram is correct in pointing out that most other players will have picked their skills for PvP combat so picking similar ones gives a even playing field.
    Orak
    Orak

Post by Orak Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:21 pm

Well, for a dedicated fighter skiller the best way to go would be:

Agility Boost to start with - it's cheap ASP wise and will give you the advantage of fighting the skiller creatures more easily, taking much less damage etc...

Defensive Combat Next: its the ultimate dedicated skiller tool... You hit less and get hit less.. Which means you take much more shots at the target increasing the skill gain for a single kill, which are hard to come buy like Z-scouts etc...

Other skills are really less relevant for the skilling and are up to your own preferences of advantages.

The best setup is 1MW lasers.. Though a lot of people go with 4MW just not to feel too helpless in case of real fight... or for missions in some cases.
    Hawk would be best for it.. ASPing in a chitin is a pain.. i should know pale though has other advantages of enhancing engineering.

Z scouts - best thing to start from.
    FSP - can get your HA to trade in levels but deal heavy damage, got dangerous holds and are low on the MAN and TAC gains.
    Blue Crystals/ Space crystals - if you go with trading ENG and WEAP.

Of course all of the above is only relevant with 45+ MAN at least for a hawk class fighter.. in anything bigger even 50+
    Falk
    Falk
    Admin

Post by Falk Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:16 am

To me the shield charging (double recharge) looks great with the Union shields. But it is quite expensive (30 ATP).
    For example a Q-Large shield has a recharge of 70 points per 6 minutes. With the skill this would increase to 140 points per six minutes.

Seems great if you like slow battles in which you let the NPC attack you, such that the shield can recharge during the fight. Seems a good addition if camping is a possibility.
    Orak
    Orak

Post by Orak Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:54 am

Reinforced hull, shields.. bombs all that are all great skills, but are the second line of skills because their benefits are lower and costs are higher.

The reinforced hull by the way is an awesome rankers skill... Carry 90t of explosives that blow up in a WH and you survive it.... nothing tops that feeling Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content